About our Company:
Trig's is considered more of a collection than a chain. Each store is designed to uniquely serve its community in a very personal and committed way, taking on the personality of its region.
Our story began in 1971 when Trig and Tula Solberg purchased the first, single small store in Land O'Lakes, Wisconsin. Today, T.A. Solberg Company, Inc. operates Trig's grocery stores in the Northern Wisconsin communities of Rhinelander, Minocqua, Eagle River, and Tomahawk.
Did you know that Trig's is only one part of the larger T.A. Solberg Company, Inc., a diverse and healthy organization of over 600 associates that work to operate Trig's Village Market in Manitowish Waters, several fuel and convenience stores throughout northern and central Wisconsin, Trig's Trucking Facility, Trig's Recycling Center, Tasmania Northwoods Resort, Postal Express Mailing & Shipping Services in Eagle River, Minocqua, and Rhinelander, Tone Zone Fitness Centers, Twice is Nice Consignment Store in Rhinelander, Signature Salon in Rhinelander, and International Air Charters.
At Trig’s, our mission is to develop knowledgeable and engaging associates dedicated to providing our guests with ‘the best service no matter what!’ From clean, well-stocked stores to the highest quality, freshest products, and an enjoyable shopping experience every single day, the goal with this mission is to deliver this exceptional experience for our guests, build relationships, and keep them coming back. Show off your guest service skills with our team in a fast-paced retail environment. We would love to talk about an opportunity to become a dependable and guest-oriented member of our family!
Our company strives to be a great place to work by offering our associates a culture of teamwork, servant leadership, family-first mentality, recognition, and celebration of victories, sharing ideas, encouragement, and fun! We have flexible schedules to accommodate most of our associate’s needs as we know a good work-life balance is important.
We are looking for motivated associates who want to be a part of our next generation of leaders! There are opportunities to grow within the company to positions you may not yet even know exist and we offer development programs for those who want to grow their careers with us.
Responsible for ensuring associate training plans, schedules, development, and resources are followed and executed in all departments. Viewed as a key store leader, and periodically acts as Manager on Duty. Provide human resource administrative services and functions including payroll, time and attendance maintenance, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, associate performance, and development. Assists with sales activities, promotions, events, training, programs, and onboarding activities.
- Provide excellent guest service to assure that all guests leave satisfied.
- Responsible for protecting the interests in the store (ie. shoplifters, cash control, etc.)
- Greet guests; resolve guest complaints and inquiries.
- Oversee and maintain time/attendance modules, reports, scheduling requests, in accordance with company policy. Includes daily maintenance of timekeeping, weekly payroll processing, and timeclock functions and troubleshooting.
- Assist Store Director in reviewing projected sales and forecasts to ensure proper adherence to labor projections and schedules throughout each department. Work with department leaders as needed.
- Review and organize interviews with applicants in accordance with company policy and applicable state/federal laws. Perform interviews and promote hiring recommendations through the Store Director and HR.
- Responsible for ensuring associate training plans, schedules, development, and resources are followed and executed in all departments. Manage training modules per associate through provided training resources.
- Oversee and manage FT/PT ratio reports and expectations.
- Coordinate all job posts in store and on external websites with the HR team. This includes making sure information is up-to-date, accurate, and consistent.
- Ensure associate recognition programs are followed consistently includintg milestone years of service, TAS Awards, birthdays, referral programs, promotions and performance.
- Assist with job offers as needed and initiate orientation and onboarding schedules for new hires. This includes new-hire setups, data entry, and data maintenance in various systems.
- Execute new hire luncheon protocols and huddle ups.
- Ensure policy compliance in all areas and assist with corrective action and documentation. This includes development and coaching conversations and succession planning.
- Assist with associate invesitigations such as harassment claims, theft, resonable suspicion, bullying, or other sensitive situations.
- Ensure proper filing and documentation of personnel files and papework. Must be consistent and organized.
- Perform uniform orders, monitor inventory, and generate uniform invoices.
- Act as a member of the company-wide Sunshine Committee.
- Oversee leave policies and work with the HR Department to ensure compliance in Workers Compensation, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Maintain company records and filing on various computer platforms and HRIS platforms.
- Assist with performance reviews, training protocols, and associate development.
- Conduct daily huddle-up meetings for communication.
- Use company computer equipment for email communication, coordinating virtual meetings, entering reports and spreadsheets.
- Act as Manager on Duty when Store Director or other Assistant Store Directors are not available.
- Attend various training seminars and meetings.
- Perform all job duties in a manner safe to self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (No Cost)
• 401(k) with 4% Match
• Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Care
• Paid Time Off
• Discounts at Trig's, Trig's Ace Hardware, and Trig's Village Market
• Discounts at Trig's Pharmacy
• Discounts at YMCA and Tone Zone Fitness