About our Company:
Trig's is considered more of a collection than a chain. Each store is designed to uniquely serve its community in a very personal and committed way, taking on the personality of its region.
Our story began in 1971 when Trig and Tula Solberg purchased the first, single small store in Land O'Lakes, Wisconsin. Today, T.A. Solberg Company, Inc. operates Trig's grocery stores in the Northern Wisconsin communities of Rhinelander, Minocqua, Eagle River, and Tomahawk.
Did you know that Trig's is only one part of the larger T.A. Solberg Company, Inc., a diverse and healthy organization of over 600 associates that work to operate Trig's Village Market in Manitowish Waters, several fuel and convenience stores throughout northern and central Wisconsin, Trig's Trucking Facility, Trig's Recycling Center, Tasmania Northwoods Resort, Postal Express Mailing & Shipping Services in Eagle River, Minocqua, and Rhinelander, Tone Zone Fitness Centers, Twice is Nice Consignment Store in Rhinelander, Signature Salon in Rhinelander, and International Air Charters.
At Trig’s, our mission is to develop knowledgeable and engaging associates dedicated to providing our guests with ‘the best service no matter what!’ From clean, well-stocked stores to the highest quality, freshest products, and an enjoyable shopping experience every single day, the goal with this mission is to deliver this exceptional experience for our guests, build relationships, and keep them coming back. Show off your guest service skills with our team in a fast-paced retail environment. We would love to talk about an opportunity to become a dependable and guest-oriented member of our family!
Our company strives to be a great place to work by offering our associates a culture of teamwork, servant leadership, family-first mentality, recognition, and celebration of victories, sharing ideas, encouragement, and fun! We have flexible schedules to accommodate most of our associate’s needs as we know a good work-life balance is important.
We are looking for motivated associates who want to be a part of our next generation of leaders! There are opportunities to grow within the company to positions you may not yet even know exist and we offer development programs for those who want to grow their careers with us.
Leads and oversees center store department (Liquor, Grocery, Frozen, Dairy) sales activities, promotions, events, training, programs, and onboarding activities.
- Provide excellent guest service to assure that all guests leave satisfied.
- Responsible for protecting the interests in the store (ie. shoplifters, cash control, etc.)
- Greet guests; resolve guest complaints and inquiries.
- Coordinate sales promotion activities and prepare, or direct associates to prepare merchandise displays. Includes demo setup, planning, and event setup.
- Monitor department conditions daily in the areas of inventory levels, merchandising, and store safety to provide a clean, organized department that will provide a positive guest experience. Complete store walk checklists.
- Monitor guest service operations at service counters and in the department merchandising areas to ensure proper flow of guests.
- Ensure compliance of associates with established security, food safety, physical safety and record keeping procedures and practices. Including but not limited to shrink management, inventory control, sanitation logs, temperature control logs, production plans and logs, order writing, and proper storage and dating in all areas including coolers and freezers.
- Ensure proper use and care of equipment, storage of chemicals, and compliance of sanitation program. This includes performing weekly sanitation audits.
- Review profit and loss statements monthly with department leaders; daily update department leaders on store sales and merchandising goals.
- Review weekly schedules and compare to projection tools. Enter schedules in computer system.
- Ensure store competitiveness by monitoring activities of other stores in the area.
- Monitor all expenses to meet or exceed company goals and objectives.
- Assist with performance reviews; maintain harmony among associates and resolve problems.
- Monitor staffing needs, growth, and proper distribtion of labor.
- Ensure proper onboarding of associates in areas of interviews, orientations, store tours, communication, huddle ups, training progress through standard manuals.
- Support all associates with proper skills training to achieve store goals and meet guest expectations.
- Conduct daily huddle-up meetings for communication.
- Use company computer equipment for email communication, coordinating virtual meetings, entering reports and spreadsheets.
- Act as Manager on Duty when Store Director or other Assistant Store Directors are not available.
- Attend various training seminars.
- Perform all job duties in a manner safe to self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (No Cost)
• 401(k) with 4% Match
• Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Care
• Paid Time Off
• Discounts at Trig's, Trig's Ace Hardware, and Trig's Village Market
• Discounts at Trig's Pharmacy
• Discounts at YMCA and Tone Zone Fitness